Publications in Peer-Reviewed Journals (2023)
- Sathiyamoorthy, V., B. Swathi and Sisma Samuel, "Characteristics of the strong winds on the exit region of the Palghat gap during the Indian summer monsoon season", Climate Dynamics, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00382-023-06915-3, 2023.
- Ramya, C. B., Aswini, A. R., Hegde, P., Boreddy, S. K. R. and Suresh Babu, S., "Water-soluble organic aerosols over South Asia - seasonal changes and source characteristics", Science of the Total Environment, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2023.165644, 2023.
Prijith S. S. and K. Kishore Kumar, 2023, On the genesis of multi-peak vertical structure of quasi-two-day waves in the mesosphere lower thermosphere, Earth, Planets and Space (2023) 75:119, https://doi.org/10.1186/s40623-023-01875-8
Kompalli Sobhan Kumar, S. Suresh Babu, T.C. Ajith, K. Krishna Moorthy, S.K. Satheesh, R. Boopathy, Trupti Das, Dantong Liu, James Allan, Hugh Coe, “Aging of biomass burning emissions in the Indo-Gangetic Plain outflow: Implications for black carbon light-absorption enhancement”, Atmospheric Research, 294, 106949, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosres.2023.106949, 2023.
- Gogoi, Mukunda M., S. Suresh Babu, Ryoichi Imasu, and Makiko Hashimoto, "Satellite (GOSAT-2 CAI-2) retrieval and surface (ARFINET) observations of aerosol black carbon over India", Atmos. Chem. Phys., 23, 8059–8079, https://doi.org/10.5194/acp-23-8059-2023, 2023.
- Sachin Philip Kakkanattu, Sanjay Kumar Mehta, D. Bala Subrahamanyam, V. Rakesh and Amit P. Kesarkar, "Thermodynamic structure of the atmospheric boundary layer over a coastal station in India for contrasting sky conditions during different seasons", Atmospheric Research 293: 106915, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosres.2023.106915, 2023.
- Ambili, K.M. and R. K. Choudhary, "The role of the storm-time prompt penetrating electric field on the net distribution of plasma density over the low latitude ionospheric regions", Advances in Space Research, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asr.2023.04.046, 2023.
- Chakraborty, M., Vipin K. Yadav, Rajneesh Kumar, "Two-stream instability generation in the lunar ionosphere, Advances in Space Research 71, 2954–2966, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asr.2022.11.050, 2023.
- Smitha V. Thampi and Vrinda Mukundan, The global response of terrestrial ionosphere to the December 2015 space weather event, Advances in Space Research, 71, 286–297, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asr.2022.10.037, 2023.
- Sandhya K Nair and Madhusoodanan M. S., "CO2 over a Coastal Urban Location and its Forcing", J Pet Environ Biotechnol. 14, 3, doi: 10.35248/2157-7418.104.22.1687, 2023.
- Jayadev Pradeep and S. V. Sunilkumar, "Solar Occultation Experiments (SOE) in the Venusian Atmosphere: Effect of Orbital Parameters on the Spatiotemporal Distribution of Measurements", Royal Astronomical Society Techniques and Instruments (RASTAI), 2, 324-344, https://doi.org/10.1093/rasti/rzad019, 2023.
- Veenus, V., S. S. Das, and L. M. David, "Ozone changes due to sudden stratospheric warming-induced variations in the intensity of Brewer-Dobson Circulation: A composite analysis using observations and chemical-transport model", Geophysical Research Letters, 50, e2023GL103353, https://doi.org/10.1029/2023GL103353, 2023.
- Manju, G., Mridula, N., Sruthi, T. V., Pant, T. K., Aswathy, R. P., Sreelatha, P., et al.. Generation of post sunset E region electron density stratifications at the magnetic equator: An analysis using in situ measurements and theoretical estimations. Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics, 128, e2022JA030903. https://doi.org/10.1029/2022JA030903, 2023.
- Kumar Shailendra, Jose Luis Flores, Aldo S. Moya-Álvarez, Daniel Martinez Castro & Yamina Silva, "Characteristics of cloud properties over South America and over Andes observed using CloudSat and reanalysis data", International Journal of Remote Sensing, 44:6, 1976-2004, https://doi.org/10.1080/01431161.2023.2193301, 2023.
- Renju, R., C. Suresh Raju, R. Swathi, and Milan V. G., "Retrieval of atmospheric temperature and humidity profiles over a tropical coastal station from ground-based Microwave Radiometer using deep learning technique", Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, 249, 106094, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jastp.2023.106094, 2023.
- Rubia R., S. V. Singh, G. S. Lakhina, S. Devanandhan, M. B. Dhanya, and T. Kamalam, "Electrostatic Solitary Waves in the Venusian Ionosphere
Pervaded by the Solar Wind: A Theoretical Perspective", The Astrophysical Journal, 950:111, https://doi.org/10.3847/1538-4357/acd2d7, 2023.
- Ajith, T.C., Sobhan Kumar Kompalli, James Allan, Hugh Coe, S. Suresh Babu. "Formation pathways of organic aerosols over a tropical coastal atmosphere". Atmospheric Environment 309 (2023) 119881, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2023.119881.
- Sijikumar S., Anjumol Raju, Vinu Valsala, Yogesh Tiwari, Girach I.A., Chaithanya D. Jain, M. Venkat Ratnam, High-Resolution Bayesian Inversion of Carbon Dioxide Flux Over Peninsular India, Atmospheric Environment, 2023, 119868, ISSN 1352-2310, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmo
- Anjumol Raju, S. Sijikumar, Pramit Kumar Deb Burman, Vinu Valsala, Yogesh K. Tiwari, Sandipan Mukherjee, Priyanka Lohani, Kireet Kumar "Very high-resolution Net Ecosystem Exchange over India using Vegetation Photosynthesis and Respiration Model (VPRM) simulations", Ecological Modelling, 481, 110340, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2023.110340, 2023.
- Hossain, Md. Mosarraf, Tarun Kumar Pant, C. Vineeth, Nocturnal thermospheric neutral wind and temperature measurement using a Fabry-Perot Interferometer: First results from an equatorial Indian station, Advances in Space Research, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asr.2023.03.040, 2023
- Lakshmi, N.B., S. Suresh Babu, Vijayakumar S. Nair, Mineral dust aerosols over the Himalayas from polarization-resolved satellite lidar observations, Atmospheric Environment, 296, 119584, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2023.119584, 2023.
- Salim, S. N., Adhikari, A., Shaikh, A. A., Menon, H. B., Kumar, N. K., & Rajeev, K., "Aerosol-boundary layer dynamics and its effect on aerosol radiative forcing and atmospheric heating rate in the Indian Ocean sector of Southern Ocean", Science of The Total Environment, 858, 159770. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.159770, 2023
- Prijith, S. S., & Kumar, K. K., "Investigation on the anomalous weakening of diurnal tides in the mesosphere-lower thermosphere", J. Geophys. Res., 128, https://doi.org/10.1029/2022JA030725, 2023
- Vineeth, C., K.M. Ambili, T.K. Pant, On the behavior of thermospheric O1D 630.0 nm dayglow emission during counter electrojet events, Advances in Space Research 71, 115–128, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asr.2022.08.048, 2023.
- Neha Shaikh Salim, Arjun Adhikari, Harilal B. Menon, N. V. P. KiranKumar, K. Rajeev, "Thermodynamic characteristics of Marine Atmospheric Boundary Layer across Frontal Regions of the Indian Ocean Sector of Southern Ocean up to Prydz Bay region of Antarctica (24°S to 67°S) based on Three Field Campaigns", Atmospheric Research, 286, 106678, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmo
- Neha Shaikh Salim, Arjun Adhikari, Atiba A. Shaikh, Harilal B. Menon, N. V. P. KiranKumar, K. Rajeev, "Aerosol-boundary layer dynamics and its effect on aerosol radiative forcing and atmospheric heating rate in the Indian Ocean sector of Southern Ocean", Science of The Total Environment, 858, 1: 159770,
- Neha Shaikh Salim, Harilal B. Menon, N. V. P. KiranKumar, K. Rajeev, "Study of micrometeorological characteristics of the atmospheric surface layer over a tropical coastal station in Goa". Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, 135, 3, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00703