Nominated Member, INSA-ICSU Committee for COSPAR, SCOSTEP and URSI, for 2012 2015. Elected Member, Executive Council of Indian Geophysical Union, 2011-2013.
Elected Vice-Chair, COSPAR Commission B.
IAGA Young Scientist Award from International Association for Geomagnetism and Aeronomy, March 2012.
Karanam Kishore Kumar
IETE Young Scientist Award from International Radar Symposium, India (IRSI-83) Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers
Siddarth Shankar Das
IETE-IRSI (82) Young Scientist Award 2012 from Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), New Delhi
INSA Young Scientist Medal from Indian National Science Academy for the Year 2012
S. Suresh Babu
Member, Joint National Committee of International Geosphere Biosphere Program-World Climate Research Program constituted by INSA.
Member, National committee for the selection of scientifi c instruments in C-130J aircraft to be procured by Ministry of Earth Science (MoES) for atmospheric research.
BEST PAPER AWARDS IN SYMPOSIA
- Jai Prakash Chaubey: “Fine and Ultra Fine Particles at Near Free Tropospheric Environment in Trans-Himalayas: Results from RAWEX”, (Co-Authors: S. Suresh Babu, V. Sreekanth, Sobhan K. Kompalli, Mukunda M. Gogoi and K. Krishna Moorthy), Space based meteorology, Oceanography and Geopshere-biosphere interactions, National Space Science Symposium (NSSS-2012), Tirupati, February 14-17, 2012.
- K. N. Uma: “Studies on the characteristics of tropical convection and its associated dynamics during the Indian summer monsoon”, (Co-Authors: K. Kishore Kumar and T. Narayana Rao) in OCHAMP, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune, from 21-25 February 2012.
- Sherine Rachel John: “Interannual variability of global gravity wave activity and signatures of Quasi-Biennial (QBO), Annual (AO) and Semi-Annual (SAO) Oscillations“, (Co-Author: K. Kishore Kumar), National Space Science Symposium (NSSS-2012), Tirupati, February 14-17, 2012.
- Sonal Kumar Jain: “Study of N2 Vegard-Kaplan band emission in the dayglow of Mars, Venus and Titan”, (Co-Author: Anil Bhardwaj), National Space Science Symposium (NSSS-2012), Tirupati, February 14-17, 2012.
- S. G. Sumod: “On the variability of the Thermospheric 630.0 nm Dayglow owing to the simultaneous forcing due to Strong Neutral heating in the mesopause and a noontime penetration of interplanetary electric fi eld“, (Co-Author: Tarun Kumar Pant), National Space Science Symposium (NSSS-2012), Tirupati, February 14-17, 2012.
- Vijayakumar S Nair: “Simulation of Black Carbon Aerosols over the South Asian Region using the Regional Climate Model (RegCM4.0): Comparison with Measurements”. (Co-Authors: S Suresh Babu and K Krishna Moorthy), National Space Science Symposium (NSSS-2012), Tirupati, February 14-17, 2012.
BEST ARTICLE AWARDS IN JOURNALS
Anil Bhardwaj: The paper “Solar system X-rays from charge exchange processes”, coauthored by A. Bhardwaj, published in 2012 in Astronomische Nachrichten (Astronomical Notes) is selected as Editor’s Choice of the journal.